[rabbitmq-discuss] Exchanges, Routing, and AMQP

Edwin Fine rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net
Tue Oct 21 05:30:16 BST 2008

Ben, Thanks.

Coincidentally, I did look into rabbit_exchange:route while waiting for your
response. One (very very minor) thing that struck me on reading it was the
use of regexp:split/2 to convert "a.dotted.topic.key" to
["a","dotted","topic","key"]. I wondered why the more efficient
string:tokens/2 was not used. They do have different behavior in edge
conditions (e.g. ".atopic") - was that the reason?

Anyway, besides that, for now I'll probably just go with a topic exchange,
which seems to be the general purpose ancestor of all the others. I really
do not want to add my code to the Rabbit server side and risk having merge
difficulties when future releases arise...

Regards,
Edwin