[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ erlang broker problem

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 13:00:48 BST 2008

Deuce,

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 8:08 AM, deuce <denchevb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I keep getting this entry in the rabbit_persister.LOG

rabbit_persister.LOG is not a log file for information purposes, it is
a write-ahead disk log for persistent messages.

In essence it is the journal from which unacknowledged messages will
be replayed in the (unlikely :-) event of Rabbit crashing.

The log file that you may be looking for is called ${NODE_NAME}.log
(generally rabbit.log), and it's location will depend on the OS you
are running.

> I can't figure out what it means but it appears every time a message goes
> thru the message broker eventually causing it to crash with out of memory
> error.

Well I need some information than that to help diagnose the issue, e.g.

- The real log file
- Details about your installed verison of Rabbit, the OS and Erlang OTP
- What symptoms you experience
- What it was that you were doing that caused the issue (e.g. example
code is always good)

HTH,

Ben