[rabbitmq-discuss] Connection problems with Rabbitmq 1.4.0

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Nov 26 19:49:19 GMT 2008

Maarten,

Maarten Engelen wrote:
> At the moment I have a problem connecting to the RabbitMQ broker. I'm
> running version 1.4.0 on Erlang R12B4. The OS is OS X 10.5.5. Before
> running any examples I did a reset of the rabbitmq broker.

What do you mean by "reset"? Did you run the "rabbitmqctl reset"
command? If so, did you subsequently restart the rabbit app with
"rabbitmqctl start_app"?

>  > java -classpath
> .:rabbitmq-client.jar:commons-cli-1.1.jar:commons-io-1.2.jar
> com/rabbitmq/examples/TestMain
> /com/rabbitmq/examples/TestMain.class
> com.rabbitmq.examples.TestMain : javac v49.0 on 1.5.0_16
> AMQConnection.mainLoop: connection close
> AMQConnection.mainLoop: connection close
> Main thread caught exception: java.io.IOException
> java.io.IOException
>         at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQChannel.wrap(AMQChannel.java:105)
>         at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.open(AMQConnection.java:359)
>         at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.<init>(AMQConnection.java:193)
>         at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.<init>(AMQConnection.java:164)
>         at com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:159)

My guess would be that either the the Erlang node isn't running at all
or the Rabbit application inside it isn't running.

What does "rabbitmqctl status" return?

Matthias.