[rabbitmq-discuss] Strange behavior found under Mac OS X

Andres Rodriguez andresr83 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 03:54:15 GMT 2008

Hi, I found something pretty interesting when trying to run any kind  
of AMQP client under Max OS X. I tried with java, python and ruby  
clients and none of them were working.

Suspecting it could be my Rabbitmq or Erlang installs I tried  
different setups:

* Erlang from source and macports
* Rabbitmq from source, tarball and macports

Same result with any combination.

With the help of tmm1 (AMQP client ruby gem creator) we discovered  
that in line 67 of rabbitmq-server:

     -os_mon start_cpu_sup true \

Changing start_cpu_sup to false:

     -os_mon start_cpu_sup false \

made everything to work.

Now my Rabbitmq broker is running pretty nice.

Since I'm a newbie in these Erlang topics I wanted to share this info  
and would like to know if someone expert at this subject could  
identify an incompatibility in my machine's hardware since I already  
found out that this cpu_sup thing is related to the processor (http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/cpu_sup.html 

FWIW, I have a white macbook with a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo (T8300).

Thanks a lot!


More information about the rabbitmq-discuss mailing list