[rabbitmq-discuss] py-amqplib status messages

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 15:27:06 GMT 2008

> Why are you using tx in the above? It won't do any harm, but it doesn't
> seem to serve any purpose.

It's a stripped-down version of a larger program that does use a
transaction in a less wasteful fashion.

> That is most likely due to the lack of proper channel/connection closure
> in the producer code.

Yup, putting in chan.close() and conn.close() gets all the messages
delivered.  Is there a way to ensure message delivery without using a
transaction or closing the channel?  Some sort of flush method, or
another flag on the basic_publish method that I didn't notice?  I've
noticed the wait() methods, but I'm not really clear on what they do,
or how to use them.