[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-discuss Digest, Vol 18, Issue 34

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at cohesiveft.com
Sun Nov 16 18:26:52 GMT 2008

Ilya

I recommend persisting with this.  (sorry, I could not resist that)

Can you say a bit more on the list about the case in which you need to
buffer a day's worth of messages please?

* I am assuming flow control does not solve your problem - I think you
have made that clear, but can I just check?
* How often do you expect the 250Gb case to happen - do you consider
it exceptional or normal?
* What about 2Gb, 8Gb, ...?
* Do you have ordering constraints, and/or must all the messages be on one queue
* In the case where you need to page to disk due to a lack of machine
memory, and because your queues are not being drained by consumers,
does it matter what the latency of message delivery is once the
consumers come back?

The point being that there may be some workaround that you can try,
depending on the answer to the above.  You may be able to see where I
am going by the last question... ;-)

alexis