[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ starting problem on R12B-5

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Nov 13 23:40:54 GMT 2008

Dmitriy, Ferret, Nick,

ferrety ferrety wrote:
> I'm failing to start RabbitMQ on Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) [...]
> I'm using Erlang v5.6.5 under Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy)

Gerakines, Nick wrote
> I’m hitting a wall trying to get a local installation of rabbitmq-server
> up and running. I’m on an Intel Mac with Erlang/OTP r12-5.

I think I can spot a pattern here ...

I am pretty sure the problem stems from the removal of a mis-feature in
Erlang R212B-5 that the RabbitMQ server 1.4.0 is depending on, namely

     OTP-7524  Disallowed match patterns ('_', and '$n') as argument to
	      mnesia:delete_object/1 and friends.

Annoyingly it was actually us who reported this.

So your options are:
- use R12B-4 or earlier
- wait for RabbitMQ 1.5.0
- build the RabbitMQ server from the current default head in the hg
repository

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Matthias.