[rabbitmq-discuss] Flow Control

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 16:13:15 GMT 2008

Dear List,

A few days ago I posted to this list to talk about scalable routing
being one of the major pieces of work for the upcoming 1.5.0 release.

Apart from being just just FYI about the release, it gives any body
interested a chance to test it before we make the release.

The same applies to the second major feature of this release -
producer flow control.

This is not only relevant for people who are maintaining client
libraries - like me, who still has to handle it in the Erlang client
:-( , but also for people who have applications that might send more
messages than Rabbit can buffer in memory.

The client side handling has been implemented in the Rabbit Java client.

For those who are interested in the details, I've written this
article: http://hopper.squarespace.com/blog/2008/11/9/flow-control-in-rabbitmq.html

HTH,

Ben