[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq bugs and issue database

Holger Hoffstätte holger at wizards.de
Sat Nov 8 14:30:28 GMT 2008

Matthias Radestock wrote:
> What exactly do you mean by "bug"? In our bug database we track almost
> every single piece of work we (want to) do, whether that involves a
> genuine bug, a new feature, or tasks like discussing some aspect of the
> protocol with the working group, redesigning the rabbitmq web site, etc,
> etc.

You mean it will eventually fill up, just like a public tracker? :-)
(just kidding..I know the process makes all the difference).

But no matter how much I'd like to see a public tracker, there is -
unfortunately - a good reason against one: smear tactics by
(closed-source) commercial vendors, who use the public issue lists as
leverage in their customer negotations. I'm not kidding: they really do that.

Personally I'd see that as vindication that you're doing something right,
but that's probably just me.

Holger