[rabbitmq-discuss] possible bug starting rabbit with NODENAME set?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Sat May 17 05:36:21 BST 2008

Edwin,

Edwin Fine wrote:
> Yes, I meant rename the directory on disk, but just within the same
> filesystem. Actually, I did a cp -R so the original directory was
> untouched. As it turns out, mnesia didn't seem to mind, so maybe I just
> got lucky this time.

There are a few discussions online on why just moving the dir won't
work. See
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2002-January/004254.html,
for example.

> I haven't looked very hard  for this, but is there a bug tracker for
> RabbitMQ that I can get to, and look for reported bugs so as not bug ;-)
> you guys unnecessarily?

The bug tracker isn't public. It will be one day; we just need to find
the time to make the switch.

> I want to use -name because I will have applications running on a
> fully-qualified node (-name) that will be doing rpc:call()s to the
> rabbit node (to access the queue management functions), and I can't do
> that if Rabbit is running -sname and my stuff is running -name.

Understood. -name is of course useful; we'll see whether the scripts can
be made to support it more easily.

Matthias.