[rabbitmq-discuss] no connection established

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 18:53:30 BST 2008

Hi Geoffrey,

Sorry to hear that you have run into difficulties.

On 13 May 2008, at 17:53, Geoffrey Anderson wrote:

> The rabbitmq server runs, it seems, but no connections are being
> accepted by it,
> from the java samples or dotnet sample programs or my own programs.

Can you try with a simple TCP client, e.g.

nc 0.0.0.0 5672

?

What shows up in the server log when you do this?

> For three days I have been trying everything imaginable to me to get
> any client
> program to connect to the rabbitmq server.  For example I disabled
> tcpv6 on my
> system and tried all manner of user permissions in the rabbitmq
> server for 'guest'
> and my custom account 'ga' which I gave all same permissions as
> 'guest'.

By default Rabbit ships with the user/pass combination guest/guest, so
without further ado that should work.

> The web site asks users to send a note to legitimateconcern at rabbitmq.com
>  if it takes
> more than 2 minutes to connect.  Si I have sent a detailed note.
> There has been no
> response to it.

Don't want to split hairs but the address is legitimategrievance at rabbitmq.com
, so you probably sent a message to a non-existent mailbox.

> The web site says  Please join our mailing list or send questions to
> info at rabbitmq.com. We'd love to hear from you.   I've subscribed and
> sent a detailed
> message to the mailing list.  My email did not appear in the mailing
> list, and no

Here's one :-)

> Nothing is working thus far, the mailing list, the feedback email,
> the rabbitmq
> connections.  This is my last attempt for anything to happen after
> which rabbitmq
> must be abandoned for lack of anything working.  More than three
> days of time is too
> much to spend into something and get nothing from it.

> 2. Java sample program "Tracer" is launched:
>
> C:\rabbitmq\librabbitmq-java-1.3.0>runjava.bat
> com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer
> Usage: Tracer [<listenport> [<connecthost> [<connectport>]]]
> Invoked as: Tracer 5673 localhost 5672
> com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.WITHHOLD_INBOUND_HEARTBEATS = false
> com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.WITHHOLD_OUTBOUND_HEARTBEATS = false
> com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.NO_ASSEMBLE_FRAMES = false
> com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.NO_DECODE_FRAMES = false
>

> 3. Dotnet sample program is launched:
>
> C:\rabbitmq\rabbitmq-dotnet-1.2.8025.1832-
> net-2.0\bin>DeclareQueue.exe alpeduez
> testqueue
> None of the specified endpoints were reachable
> Endpoints attempted:
>  endpoint=amqp-0-9://alpeduez:5672, attempts=1, outcome=AMQP server
> protocol
> negotiation failure: server version 0-8, t
> ransport parameters -1:-1
> Stack trace:
>   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(Int32
> maxRedirects,
> AmqpTcpEndpoint[] endpoints)
>   at
> RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(AmqpTcpEndpoint[]
> endpoints)
>   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(String
> address)
>   at RabbitMQ.Client.Examples.DeclareQueue.Main(String[] args)

You need to specify the protocol version in your config file (refer to
the .NET client manual).
This client is defaulting to AMQP 0-9 whereas Rabbit currently speaks
0-8.

> 4.  Go look again to see if Tracer saw any traffic:
>
> C:\rabbitmq\librabbitmq-java-1.3.0>runjava.bat
> com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer
> Usage: Tracer [<listenport> [<connecthost> [<connectport>]]]
> Invoked as: Tracer 5673 localhost 5672
> com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.WITHHOLD_INBOUND_HEARTBEATS = false
> com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.WITHHOLD_OUTBOUND_HEARTBEATS = false
> com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.NO_ASSEMBLE_FRAMES = false
> com.rabbitmq.tools.Tracer.NO_DECODE_FRAMES = false
>

> It seems no traffic was detected during the dotnet sample program
> execution.

Your client will need to connect to the listen port of the tracer,
i.e. 5673. By default AMQP clients connect to 5672.

HTH,

Ben