[rabbitmq-discuss] Starting the STOMP adapter automatically (was Re: STOMP adapter updated for RabbitMQ v1.3.0)

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Wed May 7 17:02:57 BST 2008

Hi Carl,

I've added a README to the rabbitmq-stomp repository, including the
section below. Please let me know if this works for you!

---cut---
Configuring the broker on Debian to start the plugin automatically

If you've installed the rabbitmq-server package on debian or ubuntu,
the broker will pick up extra configuration from
/etc/default/rabbitmq. To tell the server to start your plugin, first
make sure it is compiled, and then add the following text to
/etc/default/rabbitmq:

RABBIT_ARGS='
  -pa /path/to/rabbitmq-stomp/ebin
  -rabbit
     stomp_listeners [{"0.0.0.0",61613}]
     extra_startup_steps [{"STOMP-listeners",rabbit_stomp,kickstart,[]}]'

making sure to update the "/path/to/rabbitmq-stomp/ebin" appropriately
for your system. Then restart the broker with

sudo /etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server restart

You should then be able to connect to port 61613 using a STOMP client
of your choice.
---cut---

Regards,
  Tony

--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net