[rabbitmq-discuss] URGENT: Run-Tests failing...please help

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Sun May 4 12:01:17 BST 2008

Lynton,

Lynton Grice wrote:
> Then I go to the command line, for example
> D:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\qpid-1.0-incubating-M2-python-src\python
> and run python run-tests
>
> I get many many errors…….I also tried different variations of python
> run-tests -? to try different SPEC files etc……still errors…….here is the
> stack trace…..

You must tell the tests to use the official amqp0-8.xml from
https://jira.amqp.org/confluence/display/AMQP/Download, *not* the spec
that ships with qpid. In our test suite we run the tests with
   python run-tests -v -s <path-to-official-spec> -I rabbit_failing.txt

where rabbit_failing.txt contains a list of exclusions for tests that
need to skipped because they either depend on a different spec, test
features not implemented in rabbit, or make assumptions about the
implementation. Currently these are:

tests.spec.*
tests.codec.*
tests.codec010.*
tests.connection010.*
tests.spec010.*
tests_0-8.basic.BasicTests.test_consume_no_local
tests_0-8.exchange.HeadersExchangeTests.*
tests_0-8.exchange.RecommendedTypesRuleTests.testHeaders
tests_0-8.exchange.RequiredInstancesRuleTests.testAmqMatch
tests_0-8.basic.BasicTests.test_qos_*
tests_0-8.tx.TxTests.test_auto_rollback
tests_0-8.tx.TxTests.test_rollback

>     try:
>       # here we depend on all nowait fields being named nowait
> *_      f = method.fields.byname["nowait"]_*
>       nowait = args[method.fields.index(f)]
>     except KeyError:
>       nowait = False
>
> It dies on the above code *_f = method.fields.byname["nowait"]….._*

What error does the above return?

Matthias.