[rabbitmq-discuss] NPE in RpcClient

Neil Ellis neil.ellis at mangala.co.uk
Sat Mar 15 16:22:19 GMT 2008

Hi Alexis

No probs.

Alas I don't have the budget for jet-setting :-(

I've been having problems with getting the Mule connector to handle  A-
 >B->C messages although A->B seems okay. If anyone from the RabbitMQ
side could give me a little hand on getting it up and running that
would be fabulous - I'm pretty busy at the moment between this work
and project:Einstein/deesel ( http://einstein.codecauldron.org / http://deesel.codecauldron.org
  ) so any help would increase the chances of having a demo ready for
you.

I've restructured the current demo to show

1 Polller Mule instance reading from an RSS feed.
3-5 Worker Mule instances transforming the feed (at least a notional
idea of work).
1 Displayer Mule instance displaying the transformed results to the
screen.

It's a bit noddy but it shows how Newton can distribute a set of Mule
nodes based upon simple criteria, so on a single Newton instance you
would have all the Mule instances at the same time on one instance, on
7 instances you would have 1 poller, 3-5 workers and 1 displayer - and
in between it scales appropriately. And then shows RabbitMQ as the
internode protocol. We could easily turn this into a demo of running
RabbitMQ on a large number of nodes with super-easy deployment and
failover in the future - that's something to think about.

We could certainly help with providing materials (i.e. slides or user
guide) and help getting you running the demo before hand - in return
would you be able to ensure that Paremus/myself get appropriate credit
at the demo for our part (i.e. powered by Newton and the appropriate
links)?

Anyway let us know - I'm on Skype most of the time - I think you have
me as a contact (neilellis).

All the best
Neil