[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ on EC2

Kyle Salasko ksalasko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 05:49:44 GMT 2008

Scratch that, I found a solution. An easy workaround is to find the internal
(inside the NAT) IP address of any nodes with the domU-... hostnames, and
construct the ip-... hostnames from that. For example, Node A from below
might resolve to 10.252.56.111, and by manually running 'hostname
ip-10-252-56-111.ec2.internal', the problems below resolve themselves.

The problem seems to arise from the fact that the machines can resolve the
first three of the following names, but not the fourth.

ip-10-251-159-160.ec2.internal
ip-10-251-159-160
domU-12-31-38-00-48-A2.compute-1.internal
domU-12-31-38-00-48-A2

This probably should be automated in AMI creation, but I thought I'd let
people know in case they run into the same problems.