[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq dying

David.Corcoran at edftrading.com David.Corcoran at edftrading.com
Tue Jun 24 10:58:09 BST 2008

"Ben Hood" <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> wrote on 24/06/2008 00:02:03:

> Subsequent to the suggestions I made via IM, have you managed to
> progress this at all?

Hey Ben,

Unfortunately we're still able to crash it quite regularly. I changed the
message handlers to use only a single reply queue and now it's more stable
but not perfect. The only thing that still looks suspicious is that the
producers are sometimes run in threads. We only have one connection, which
is apparently thread safe (from the javadocs), and we create a channel for
each thread but maybe this is causing problems? We're going to make them
single threaded and keep testing.

I'm also going to upgrade everywhere to erlang 12b-3 to see if that helps.
I'll also apply the connection disconnect patch whenever it's available.
We're disconnecting nicely most of the time now but if you're debugging
then stopping the debugger causes a forced disconnect which causes an error
in the rabbitmq logs.

Thanks,

Dave

This communication contains confidential information, some or all of which may be privileged. It is for the intended recipient only and others must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this communication. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this communication, please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then delete the e-mail. E-mail sent to EDF Trading may be monitored by the company. Thank you.
EDF Trading Limited
80 Victoria Street, 3rd Floor, Cardinal Place, London, SW1E 5JL
A Company registered in England No. 4255974.
Switchboard: 020 7061 4000
EDF Trading Markets Limited is a member of the EDF Trading Limited Group and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
VAT number: GB 735 5479 07