[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem running rabbit broker

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Mon Jun 2 11:06:06 BST 2008

Hi Lahiru,

What was the exact command you used to install Erlang? If you haven't
already, please try "apt-get install erlang-nox".

What is the output of the command

file /usr/lib/erlang/lib/*/ebin/mnesia.beam /usr/lib/erlang

?

My output is:

/usr/lib/erlang/lib/mnesia-4.3.5/ebin/mnesia.beam: data
/usr/lib/erlang:                                   directory

Another alternative is to delete the partial installation you have, and
to use our debian repository (instructions here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/debian.html) to automatically install rabbitmq
with "apt-get install rabbitmq-server".

Tony