[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem running rabbit broker

Edwin Fine rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net
Sun Jun 1 16:30:30 BST 2008

RabbitMQ will create the database files itself; you don't need to do
anything besides ensure the directory is there with the appropriate
privileges (i.e. it is writable for the process that starts RabbitMQ). More
specifically, ensure that /var/lib/rabbitmq and all its subdirectories are
writable by the process that starts RabbitMQ.

However, you need to post more information to get effective help. Saying you
got "this error" without posting the error message itself is not going to
yield useful responses from the mailing list.

Information you should post includes:

   - How did you start the broker (exact command line)?
   - Which operating system and version of Erlang are you using?
   - What is in the rabbit logs (on Linux, /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit.log and
   rabbit-sasl.log)?
   - Did you faithfully follow every step of the RabbitMQ installation
   procedure?

Take a look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html<http://www.catb.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html>for
more ideas.