[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq out of memory

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Fri Jul 18 10:40:35 BST 2008

David.Corcoran at edftrading.com wrote:
> One thing I'm slightly wary of is that the memory spiked when I connected
> 250 clients to it. And when I disconnected them it didn't shrink very much.

I'm on a training course today, so may not be able to answer with very
low latency :-) but here's a quick thing to examine: if you have a shell
into the rabbitmq VM, you could examine how many processes are still
around, to see if there are any orphans. For instance, you could type
"i()." into the shell:

Eshell V5.6.2  (abort with ^G)
1> i().
Pid                   Initial Call                          Heap
Reds Msgs
Registered            Current Function                     Stack

<0.0.0>               otp_ring0:start/2                      610
2532    0
init                  init:loop/1                              2

<0.2.0>               erlang:apply/2                        2584
63255    0
erl_prim_loader       erl_prim_loader:loop/3                   5

[much more output snipped]

Tony