[rabbitmq-discuss] Stomp gateway incompatible with recent builds?

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Wed Jul 16 11:20:06 BST 2008

David Cornell wrote:
> I downloaded the stomp gateway and followed the directions, but make run
> failed. Is it incompatible with the most recent release? Is this why it
> is not linked in on the downloads area?

Hi David,

Yes, the STOMP gateway in mercurial needs to be run against the rabbitmq
server from mercurial as well. The 1.3.0 release is too old.

Here's a script that should work for you:

   $ mkdir my-build-directory
   $ cd my-build-directory
   $ hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-codegen
   $ hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server
   $ hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-stomp
   $ cd rabbitmq-server
   $ make
   $ cd ..
   $ cd rabbitmq-stomp
   $ make

(Followed by "make run" to start the augmented broker running
interactively.)

Regards,
   Tony
--
  [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
    [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
  []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net