[rabbitmq-discuss] Broker leak with MulticastMain?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Jul 15 20:15:50 BST 2008

Holger,

Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
> I've been trying a few things with the Java client and noticed that
> MulticastMain seems to cause unlimited broker growth. Periodically the
> process' rsize shrinks, but not as much as it subsequently continues to
> grow again. I noticed this when the Multicast test printed ever
> increasing latencies (see attachment).

The broker grows because it is queuing messages. And that in turn
happens because the producer sends messages as fast as it can, and the
broker cannot deliver them to consumers at the same rate.

MulticastMain allows you to limit the sender rate with "-r". So just use
that option to control the rate.

Matthias.