[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq out of memory

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Jul 10 21:07:45 BST 2008

Hi,

David.Corcoran at edftrading.com wrote:
> After restarting there were a very reasonable 9 queues. After running some
> of our code it's now up to 200. I suspect we have a queue leak ;)

Ah, good - in the sense that it's a relief it's nothing more sinister :-)

(Do let us know if the queue-leak diagnosis turns out to be accurate or
in-.)

> Is there a way of seeing an untruncated list of queues?

The output from the shell is truncated for REPL reasons; you could also
iterate over the results of stat_all/0:

lists:foreach(fun (Q) -> io:format("~p~n", [Q]) end,
               rabbit_amqqueue:stat_all()).

Actually, io:format/2 doesn't truncate like the REPL does, so a simple
io:format("~p~n", [rabbit_amqqueue:stat_all()]) also kind-of works. I
prefer the iteration because there's then one output line per queue, and
it doesn't build a printed representation of the whole list before
outputting anything.

Regards,
   Tony