[rabbitmq-discuss] Administering Rabbit exchanges and queues

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 08:55:06 GMT 2008

John,

On 11 Jan 2008, at 08:33, John Watson wrote:

> I don't have a particular queuing application in mind.  I was trying
> work out what it would need to develop administration tools along the
> same lines as those provided for MQ (for example the RUNMQSC command
> line utility or the Websphere MQ Explorer Eclipse plugin). My
> experience
> with MQ has been that the majority of programming effort goes in to
> its
> administration, not into its actual use.

FWIW, I've written a rabbit_management module that exposes an internal
server API via Hessian over AMQP, so all you need to do is to call a
Java interface that exposes the same methods as the internal API.
There is some client side glue that proxies this Java interface by an
AMQP RPC handler, but this is transparent to the calling application.
At the moment it only exposes the rabbit_access_module, so it does
exactly what the rabbitmqctl script does, but it's been designed to
expose an arbitrary module that is deployed in the server VM via AMQP
in an SCA-style fashion.

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you are looking for, or
whether you're after the existence of specific management API's in
rabbit to perform specific tasks.

HTH,

Ben