[rabbitmq-discuss] Administering Rabbit exchanges and queues

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Jan 10 18:31:00 GMT 2008

John,

John Watson wrote:
> If I (say) create durable exchanges and queues with the Channel
> interface in the java API, how do I later list them?  (Presumably I
> don't know my way about the API yet, but I couldn't find anything...)

There are no methods in the AMQP 0-8/9 protocol to retrieve lists of
queues, exchanges etc. AFAIK there are plans to include this kind of
functionality as part of management features in AMQP 0-11.

Do you need these lists for management and monitoring purposes or do you
actually have an application that requires this?

Regards,

Matthias