[rabbitmq-discuss] Generic AMQP API / Java client library evolution (OT?)

John Watson JWatson at sis.tv
Fri Feb 29 15:58:38 GMT 2008

Hi, Tony

>> What kinds of collaborations would a first-class exchange or queue
>>   have with, for example, Channels and/or Connections?

One of the aspects of the AMQP spec that I have trouble with is the dynamic and transient nature of so much of what can happen.  From my perspective, I would need durable exchanges and queues that have an independent existence - i.e. orthogonal to any producer or consumer that may happen to connect to them.

If (say) a producer needs to create a transient object, then it would need to do so in the context of a channel and connection before it starts to use them for putting messages. I can quite see that. But if we want durable objects, in many cases the channels and connections are just ceremony that we need to perform in order to do the creation or modification.

Does this help at all?

John

Satellite Information Services Limited Registered Office:
17 Corsham Street London N1 6DR, Company No. 4243307

The information in this e-mail (which includes any files
transmitted with it) is confidential and is intended for the
addressee only. Unauthorised recipients are required to
maintain confidentiality.  If you have received this e-mail
in error please notify the sender immediately, destroy any
copies and delete it from your computer system.