[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue info

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 09:44:38 GMT 2008

Michael,

On 28 Feb 2008, at 09:27, Michael Arnoldus wrote:

> 1. Exposed over AMQP - I send a message to some queue the broker
> listens too and get a reply with the information I need.

This already exists, albeit in a very alpha form due to other
priorities:

http://dev.rabbitmq.com/viewmtn/branch/changes/com.rabbitmq.management

Basically it exposes the rabbit_access_control module via an
asynchronous RPC over AMQP mechanism.

So you program against a Java interface which is backed by a dynamic
proxy that initiates an RPC request via AMQP.

On the Rabbit side, you have a generic RPC handler that invokes the
correct module in the address space of the server, which in turn
returns it's response as the bottom half of the RPC.

 From a client perspective, because you are programming against a Java
management interface, you don't even need to care whether it's AMQP or
whatever.

The reason why I used AMQP as a remoting technology was twofold:

1. Rabbit already speaks it
2. An AMQP implementation *should* eat its own dogfood :-)

HTH,

Ben