[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem running Java client Multithreaded

Ross Mason themuleman at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 22:42:18 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm testing RabbitMQ with Mule using the JavaClient (RpcClient). I run
1000 requests in a single thread and all is good. As soon as a I spawn
2 or more client threads I get ShutdownSignalException. None of my
code closes the connection but I can't figure out what does. The
exception I get is:

Caused by: com.rabbitmq.client.ShutdownSignalException (connection
error; reason: {#method<connection.close>(reply code=502, reply
text=SYNTAX_ERROR, class id=60, method id=40),null,""})
	at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.shutdown(AMQConnection.java:
565)
	at
com
.rabbitmq
.client.impl.AMQConnection.handleConnectionClose(AMQConnection.java:549)
	at
com
.rabbitmq
.client.impl.AMQConnection.processControlCommand(AMQConnection.java:526)
	at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection
$1.processAsync(AMQConnection.java:80)
	at
com
.rabbitmq
.client.impl.AMQChannel.handleCompleteInboundCommand(AMQChannel.java:
146)
	at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQChannel.handleFrame(AMQChannel.java:101)
	at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection
$MainLoop.run(AMQConnection.java:431)

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ross Mason