[rabbitmq-discuss] Replicated message queue? DRDB+Hearbeat?

Tom Samplonius tom at samplonius.org
Wed Feb 20 07:40:24 GMT 2008

  I see that RabbitMQ does not yet have replication for message queues.  I need a high-available message queue that never loses messages.  I'm not terribly concerned about performance, as I just need to process several thousand messages per day.  It is just hard to repair consistency if any are lost.

  I thought about using DRDB to replicate RabbitMQ's on-disk Mnesia store to a standby node.  I've used DRDB successfully for MySQL, and it works well.  And then use Hearbeat to start RabbitMQ on the standby node, which would then recover the Mnesia tables, and start running.

  Anyone tried DRDB, or any other block mirroring system to create a cluster layer beneath RabbitMQ?

Tom