[rabbitmq-discuss] dealing with a closing connection

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Feb 6 18:56:45 GMT 2008

Steve,

Steve Jenson wrote:

> Connection and Channel have no method for determining whether they are
> still open that I can tell, unfortunately.

Ah yes, I forgot those methods aren't in the Connection/Channel
interfaces (as they are for the .Net client). You can find them in the
implementation classes AMQConnection and AMQChannel though.

This is an area we are planning to revise in a future release, probably
by following the example of the .Net client.

> I'm using basicConsume and see no exceptions when the connection is
> closed, my consumer is simply never called again.

You should be able to override Consumer.handleShutdownSignal(String,
ShutdownSignalException), which ought to get called when the connection
or channel are shut down.

Matthias.