[rabbitmq-discuss] dealing with a closing connection

Steve Jenson stevej at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 21:29:45 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm using the Java client library to connect to a rabbitmq server
(1.2.0). Sometimes I will restart the server which obviously will
restart rabbitmq and my client application will print out a message to
the console.

AMQConnection.mainLoop: connection close

How can I use the rabbitmq java library to determine that the
Connection has been closed so I can reestablish? I could periodically
close() and recreate the Connection from the ConnectionFactory but I'm
hoping there's something nicer available that I have missed.

Thanks,
Steve