[rabbitmq-discuss] question on the faq

Tim Coote tim+rabbitmq.com at coote.org
Wed Dec 31 12:17:02 GMT 2008

Hullo

A neophyte's question:

The  faq includes 'is rabbitmq transactional?'

The answer is 'yes' and then says that it has atomicity and durability
guarantees. What about Isolation and consistency? (although the latter
may be partly embedded in the apps that use rabbitmq, I think that
consistency implies guarantees about serialisation/deserialisation).
Is the answer buried in the semantics of a TX AMQP message type?

I'd expect good engineering practice like ACID transactions and
failfast guidelines in Erlang/OTP programming as I think that these
are pretty much essential for any large scale system that's intended
to be robust.  (Unlike many commercial programs ;-)

Tim