[rabbitmq-discuss] [New project] amqp-utils, CLI utilities for AMQP queues

Doug Barth dougbarth at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 19:21:51 GMT 2008

Hey all,

Alexis Richardson thought the project that I started might be of
interest to the list.

Our company (Interactive Mediums) is currently working on replacing
our current queue solution (ap4r) with RabbitMQ. The main drivers for
the change are reducing database connections, better stability, and
better utilization of our resources by publishing and subscribing to a
shared queue.

As part of that effort, I started writing some command line utilities
for interacting with the queue. I tools are based on the tmm1-amqp
library, with some changes that we implemented. We use the tools to
check the status and contents of the queues. We also intended to build
them out to support simple administrative tasks like draining a
queue's contents into a file for later enqueueing.

The project is still in it's infancy, but the code is up on Github
(http://github.com/dougbarth/amqp-utils). It also depends on my forked
version of the amqp library. I'm hoping to add a few more enhancements
and package it up as a gem for easier installation.

--
Doug Barth