[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq 1.5 Mnesia warning

Aman Gupta rabbitmq at tmm1.net
Fri Dec 19 20:35:13 GMT 2008

http://www.metabrew.com/article/a-million-user-comet-application-with-mochiweb-part-3/
references this issue and provides some vm options that might help:

$ erl -name router at minifeeds4.gs2 +K true +A 128 -setcookie
secretcookie -mnesia dump_log_write_threshold 50000 -mnesia
dc_dump_limit 40
erl> c(readfriends), c(subsmanager).
erl> subsmanager:first_run().
erl> subsmanager:start_link().
erl> subsmanager:add_subscriptions( readfriends:load("fakefriends.txt") ).

Note the additional mnesia parameters - these are to avoid the **
WARNING ** Mnesia is overloaded messages you would (probably)
otherwise see. Refer to my previous post: On bulk loading data into
Mnesia for alternative ways to load in lots of data
[http://www.metabrew.com/article/on-bulk-loading-data-into-mnesia/].
The best solution seems to be (as pointed out in the comments, thanks
Jacob!) to set those options. The Mnesia reference manual contains
many other settings under Configuration Parameters, and is worth a
look.

  Aman