[rabbitmq-discuss] "badarg ram_copies route binding" error since 1.5.0

Aymerick Jéhanne aymerick at fotonauts.com
Fri Dec 19 16:13:27 GMT 2008

Hi Ben,

I am on Ubuntu 8.04.1, and I have installed rabbitmq through the apt
repository as explained here: http://www.rabbitmq.com/debian.html#apt

[{release,"OTP  APN 181 01",
           "R11B",
           "5.5.5",
           [{kernel,"2.11.5","/usr/lib/erlang/lib/kernel-2.11.5"},
            {stdlib,"1.14.5","/usr/lib/erlang/lib/stdlib-1.14.5"},
            {sasl,"2.1.5.1","/usr/lib/erlang/lib/sasl-2.1.5.1"}],
           permanent}].

I don't think the code will help.

Actually, things work well when testing on my dev box (same OS /
Erlang version) with a restricted data set. But the bug appears while
testing with a larger data set on a staging server: I create hundreds
of persistent queues with 2 or 4 bindings on each queue (but only a
few exchanges), in a row, then I publish to an exchange ... and
strangely the crash trace shows a queue that must not receive the
published message, so it seems to be an issue while 'iterating' on
bindings.

It's time for me to learn a bit more Erlang, I really need the
queue.unbind feature of rabbitmq 1.5.0 :-)

I will too try to upgrade Erlang, as R11B seems to be a rather old
version.

Aymerick