[rabbitmq-discuss] Java API methods don't return nor throw exceptions

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Sun Dec 14 16:45:38 GMT 2008

Matthias Radestock wrote:
> Only asynchronous methods are safe to call inside handleDelivery. To
> call a synchronous method you'd have to signal another thread and make
> the call from there (and taking care to not use the channel from more
> than one thread simultaneously).

For example, class QueueingConsumer encapsulates just such
functionality:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-java-client/v1.4.0/rabbitmq-java-client-javadoc-1.4.0/com/rabbitmq/client/QueueingConsumer.html

For an example of its usage (we should put one in the API as well),
please see class LogTail in the examples bundled with the client.

Regards,
  Tony