[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang-client problem on OS X (empty_rpc_bottom_half)

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri Dec 12 08:49:30 GMT 2008

Matt,

Matt Stancliff wrote:
> I ended up writing a
> rabbit_memsup_darwin.erl to take into account cache and buffers,

We contemplated doing exactly that two days ago. How did you go about
it? AFAIK there is no /proc/meminfo on OS X :(

> but it looks like memsup reports correctly enough.

Are you saying that Erlang's standard memsup takes into account cache
and buffers already on OS X? That would be a pleasant surprise.

> Lesson learned.  When developing with unpredictable memory usage*,
> manually increase the memory threshold:
> memsup:set_sysmem_high_watermark(0.99).

In the upcoming 1.5.0 release there will also be a flag to disable
memsup completely.

Matthias.