[rabbitmq-discuss] [BUG] Erlang RabbitMQ client requires installed server code

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 17:56:57 GMT 2008

Ed,

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Edwin Fine
<rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net> wrote:
> BTW, I looked at the http://lettuce.squarespace.com/donate/ page and was
> disappointed by the results. I can't help but feel a little bemused about
> the willingness (or apparent lack thereof) of Rabbit users to give small
> donations to help get useful features implemented more quickly. Some people
> may support OSS by contributing bugfixes, forum support, code, and
> documentation, while others may support it by making small donations. It
> appears that many are content to benefit from RabbitMQ without contributing
> in any way. I mean, how hard is it to Paypal $10 (about two Starbucks'
> worth)? On the other hand, maybe they just don't see a benefit for disk
> paging/queue overflow. Or maybe the economy is even worse than I thought.

FTR I've had other people approach me personally and ask if they can
send cheques instead of using Paypal and that has been bogged down in
the quagmire of international payments. Also I need to get to a few
other people about this - I've been quite busy doing release stuff and
I've been working overseas last week.

Ben