[rabbitmq-discuss] Polling message from RabbitMQ by servicemix.

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 08:58:32 GMT 2008

Aznmedia,

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 8:13 AM, aznmedia <digz6666 at gmail.com> wrote:
> What should I write following:
> 1. xmlns:foo="http://mycompany.com/foo"
> 2. MyMQService
> 3. TARGET_SERVICE_NAME_GOES_HERE
> 4. TARGET_ENDPOINT_GOES_HERE
> Maybe some of them are not required or not exists for rabbitMQ.

What I would do is to start with the plain jane Java API and gradually
work backwards to your bean definitions. There is class in the API
called ConnectionParameters which may contain all of things that you
need.

> 1. Is there any channel name in rabbitMQ?

Channels are numbered, this can be set by the client or the server.

> 2. Is there any queue manager in rabbitMQ?

Not in the MQ series sense. Or did you mean something else?

> 3. What is a realm in rabbitMQ? (r_ticket =
> r_channel.accessRequest(r_realm))
> 4. What is a ticket in rabbitMQ? (r_channel.queueDeclare(r_ticket,
> r_queueName))

Tickets and realms are deprecated and have been nuked from the current
version- please see last message I posted.

> 5. What is a exchange in rabbitMQ? (r_channel.basicPublish(r_ticket,
> r_exchange, r_queueName, r_basicProperties, r_msg.getBytes()))

Exchanges are fundamental to AMQP, you should understand this concept
before doing anything.

There are plenty of FAQs on exchanges on
http://lettuce.squarespace.com/ or just read this article for some
background:

http://hopper.squarespace.com/blog/2008/10/7/consumer-driven-messaging.html

Ben