[rabbitmq-discuss] py-amqplib being reworked

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 01:16:50 GMT 2008

Michael,

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:45 PM, Michael Arnoldus <chime at mu.dk> wrote:
> Until now it hasn't really been an option due to the lack of support for
> timeout, basic.reject etc.

ATM Rabbit does not support rejections, this is currently on the todo list.

> I remember in the beginning something about specifically going for a
> unthreaded library, but it seems you have given that up (which incidentally
> makes very much sense in my book considering the AMQP protocol).

When using the current implementation (i.e. using a thread per channel
and multiplexing across a single socket connection), this does seem
the way to go.

However, there is some discussion as to whether one should multiplex
within a single socket connection or whether one should use multiple
sockets to send independent streams of data.

Having said this, it still remains in the remit of the client library
as to whether you assign a thread per channel, a thread per connection
or a process per connection, so you might have a point with the
threading aspect.

Ben