[rabbitmq-discuss] Name of particular mercurial branch for basic.qos feature?

Brian Noguchi brian.noguchi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 00:54:56 GMT 2008

Hi Matthias,

To answer your questions:

Is the number of consumers constant?
No, I am trying to adjust the number of consumers to accommodate increases
in the rate of publishing.

Can you arrange for all consumers to subscribe before messages are being
published?
Before I publish any messages, I make sure the consumers are subscribed.
However, I cannot do this for new consumers I want to add when I am trying
to match the publishing rate.

Are all your consumers operating at approximately the same rate?
Each consumer is identical, so they should all be operating at approximately
the same rate

Is the total rate of consumption greater than the rate of publication? (It
better be, or you will run out of memory eventually)
My goal is to increase the consumers to match the queue length (and
therefore the rate of publication).

What are your suggestions?

Thanks,
--Brian