[rabbitmq-discuss] Can RabbitMQ actively subscribe to another server

Pete Kay petedao at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 01:17:45 BST 2008

Hi,

Currenly, I can have RabbitMQ to with for events to be recevied and then
published it out to its subscribers.  Is it possible to have RabbitMQ to
actively subscribe to an external server and listen for the received events,
via socket?  What that may mean is for me to write some code that RabbitMQ
can call to subscribe to an external service and wait for the messages
received from the open socket.

Also, is it possible to wite some filtering module that RabbitMQ can execute
when the event is received?

Thanks alot for your help.

Anne