[rabbitmq-discuss] Need help with Rabbit STOMP client

Pete Kay petedao at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 10:48:47 BST 2008

Hi Ben,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.    Let me explain my scenario.

I am going to write a Java Client that listens on messages from multiple
clustered servers using socket, filters the messages, and publishes the
useful ones to RabbitMQ.  Previously, I have this written in C but since
there is no C client for RabbitMQ, I am going to rewirte it in Java.  Then,
on the subscribe side, I am going to have Flex client (AS3) that wait for
messages of its specific ID and display it.

For the Flex side, I guess I have to use STOMP, but for the publishing side,
I am thinking to use AMQP as there seems to be more examples available for
reference.  Will that work?

What I still don't understand is how the routingkey, ticket, and exchange
concepts map to the destination in STOMP.

Would you please give me some guidance?

Thanks alot for all your help.

Regards,
Pete