[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ / Spring integration

carlos.quiroz-castro at nokia.com carlos.quiroz-castro at nokia.com
Wed Aug 20 08:16:55 BST 2008

Hi

I have to say that I'm no expert on AMQP but I have used quite a bit
camel with both STOMP and OpenWire (ActiveMQ own messaging protocol).
I'd think that an ideal component should try to preserve as much as
possible the semantics of AMQP and for that a generic AMQP adapter could
be quite useful. Camel already has one here:

http://activemq.apache.org/camel/amqp.html

Now, the scenario which interest me more is a very simple one where you
really care very little about the protocol itself and basically care
about destinations, payload and perhaps headers and that is an area
where camel is very good since it allows you to connect to different
messaging entities using different protocols.

For the latter case a rabbitmq direct connection using the java client
would probably suffice and be possibly easier to implement. In any case
you can give your rabbitmq component any configuration file you need for
the specifics of the protocol.

Regards
Carlos Quiroz