[rabbitmq-discuss] Patch for letting the STOMP consumers receive the content-type header

Rui Lopes rgl at ruilopes.com
Sat Aug 9 23:18:08 BST 2008

Hello,

Currently the SOMP consumers do not receive the "content-type" header
that is set by a STOMP or AMQP producer; the attached patch contains a
partial fix for this; Its a partial because I'm not sure how to map the
AMQP "content_type" and "content_encoding" to the STOMP "content-type"
header.

As a note, the ruby stomp client is using "content-type" as a MIME
content-type header where the type and charset are bundled together as
in "content-type= text/plain; charset=utf-8".

What do you think should be done?

We should also consider the use of ActiveMQ "type" header instead of
using "content-type", or maybe translate between the two?  take a look
at http://activemq.apache.org/stomp.html (do a search for JMSType).

Best regards,
Rui Lopes