[rabbitmq-discuss] New exchange type

Kyle ksalasko at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 23:16:46 BST 2008

Matthias,

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 3:49 PM, Matthias Radestock <matthias at lshift.net>
wrote:

> - Why is there the curious special-casing for the processing of the Args
> for a topic exchange?

The special case was already in the declare method in
rabbit_exchange.erl:60. Args for a topic exchange is set to a tuple:
{sets:new(), Args}, while Args for other exchanges is passed through as a
list. The code you posted won't work unless Args is a list in all exchange
types.

- You should be able to use AMQP's boolean type for the "anycast" argument,
> rather than 0 and 1. Also, take a look at lists:keysearch. With those two
> changes the code should simplify to this:

When I ran some tests of checking for the anycast argument, it came up as a
signedint. This may be due to the python library I used. I set anycast=True,
and got a signedint in rabbit_exchange:route. I didn't check setting
anycast=true in the java libs, I'll look into it. Otherwise the match would
have to be {_Name, signedint, 1}, correct?

Kyle