[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ running at 100% CPU.

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Apr 15 20:44:23 BST 2008

Michael,

Michael Arnoldus wrote:

> Thank you for your suggestion. There is no strace on Mac OS X, but I did
> find a way to see what the C-program was doing (see below).

I can now reliably reproduce the problem on a Leopard machine at our
offices, running on a ppc platform with Erlang R12B-0 from macports and
the latest development snapshot of rabbit.

The results indicate that this is probably a bug in Leopard, or a bug in
the Erlang runtime that only manifests itself on Leopard.

The trigger appears to be a tcp client closing the socket when the
server is in the middle of writing to its peer.

The next step is to construct a test case that doesn't involve rabbit.

Matthias.