[rabbitmq-discuss] pub-sub part 2: erlang consume

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 06:50:18 BST 2008

Joe,

On 11 Apr 2008, at 05:24, Joe Lee wrote:

> Also, I captured the packet with Wireshark and getting
> [Unreassembled Packet [incorrect TCP checksum]] and [Dissector bug,
> protocol AMQP: packet-amqp.c:1252.  My guess is that rabbitmq is
> communicating with amqp-0.8 protocol and Wireshark trying to make
> sense out of those packets using amqp-0.9 protocol.

It may be worth your while looking at the code for the test suite that
is bundled with the client.

Look inside the test_util module.

To run the test within the same VM as the Erlang broker, run
direct_client_test:test().

These tests execute the entire lifecycle of the AMQP interaction with
the broker, so it will show you how the protocol looks like from a
client's perspective when you are programming in Erlang.

HTH,

Ben