[rabbitmq-discuss] OSGi Demo for RabbitMQ Client

Neil Bartlett njbartlett at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 11:14:16 BST 2008

Alexis,

This is mainly of interest to people already using OSGi, including of
course anybody developing Eclipse RCP applications or plug-ins. They
can take the two "bundleized" JARs and drop them into their OSGi
framework as-is. Several ESB-type middleware platforms are also moving
to OSGi (eg Mule, ServiceMix) and looking at RabbitMQ, so they should
consider using these JARs.

For those not already using OSGi, I can only really describe the
general benefits, namely: a strong, mature module system for Java with
explicit, versioned dependencies; dynamically hot-swappable modules;
side-by-side versions, etc. I believe most middleware platforms will
see an increasing need for these features in the near future.

Regards,
Neil