[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq Mnesia database

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Apr 3 23:15:46 BST 2008

Ying,

Ying He wrote:

> Yes, we want to inspect the messages currently held by the queue
> "queuename". I sent to the mailist before to suggest it will be good to
> see how many messages has been gone through the queue, how many are
> still being held...

Right. As noted then, the closest we have is rabbit_amqqueue:stat_all().
That only gives you a message count though. You can get at the messages
by inspecting the process state, but that involves some quite low-level
hacking of RabbitMQ internals.

The RabbitMQ management interface is still being designed, and the same
goes for the efforts in that area by the AMQP working group. Requests
like the above are most welcome since they help steer us in the right
direction.

Matthias.