[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ and -smp

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Sun Sep 16 04:37:55 BST 2007

Jodi,

Jodi Moran wrote:
> Trying to start multiple nodes on the same machine using only different
> node names fails because each node tries to bind to the same port
> (5672), which seems to be defined in ebin/rabbit.app. Since I am not
> familiar with Erlang, it's not clear to me how I pass a different value
> for the port when starting the node.

To change the RabbitMQ's listening port(s), add
   -rabbit tcp_listeners '[{"0.0.0.0", 5673}]'
or similar to the RabbitMQ command line.

One place to do that is in the rabbitmq-server startup scripts. Either
create one copy for each node or parameterise the script with an
environment variable.

I'll add this info to our documentation.

Matthias.